This week, some of our Year 5 pupils who took part in Warwickshire's Bikeability initiative.
Level 2 Bikeability, teaches children how to grow and be more confident with each turn of the pedal. The expert instructors lead riders onto quiet roads, to experience “real” cycling.
What do the children learn?
- Start and stop with more confidence
- Pass stationary vehicles parked on a road
- Understand the road: signals, signs and road markings
- Negotiate the road: including quiet junctions, crossroads and roundabouts
- Share the road with other vehicles
The whole process was a real success and the 8 pupils who took part were very eager to share their experiences with us all when they came back to school.